Umatilla County, Oregon 1922
Located four miles west of Pendleton on the Columbia River Highway is the town of Rieth, an important railroad division point of the O.-W. R. & N. Co.
Rieth was established in 1916 and because of its importance as a railroad center its future possibilities are above the average.
At the present time the permanent population is about 200, but the layover crews of he railroad increase this number considerably. The yearly pay roll averages approximately $250,000.
Rieth has a splendid school system and its mercantile and other business establishments are all that could be expected of a town of its size and kind.
Return to Main Umatilla, Oregon Index Page
WEBSITE CONTRIBUTED BY PATRICIA NEAL